Monday, October 15, 2007

What's on the horizon

I have been long torn between the short form comic strip, and the long form story. I have had a story I want to tell with the W&S characters for quite a while, and I didn't feel like the strip was a good place for it. That being said, I have begun work on a full length comic books series that I intend to submit to various comic book publishers. I am nearly finished writing and thumbnailing the first issue, and have begun the pencils for page one.

So what does this mean for the website as it is? Well, the answer is I'm not quite sure. I do Intend to continue the comic strip, because I like the outlet of short form humer. The strips will be mostly self contained and on a side note, the events and happenings in the comic strip are in no way tied to the happenings in the full lenght story and visa versa, they are completely different enteties for the most part. Emaline for example will be quite a bit different in the long form story. Once the full length story starts getting more involved, updates on the site may be cut back. I don't like having to do that, but the longer story is what I intend to make money off of, and if you guys like the strip, you will appriciate the story as well.

There is a lot going on with this and I'm pretty excited about it. Wednesdays strip will be replaced with an animation of Newman I did.

Take care,
Josh

No comments: